Set in Fort Worth, TX, a city that blends cosmopolitan energy and cowboy culture, Anime Frontier brings together the best of the US and Japan for a showcase of what’s next in Japanese entertainment. Featuring some of the biggest guests in anime and manga and leading publishers in their first appearance in Texas, Anime Frontier is three days of exciting exhibits, exclusive premieres, and show-stopping special events. Join us as Japan takes over the Fort Worth Convention Center with a convention unlike any other in Texas!
Anime Frontier is a creation of LeftField Media, a boutique event company made up of dedicated fans and experienced convention organizers. We make Anime NYC, one of the biggest conventions in the US, and we’re excited now to create Anime Frontier for fans in Texas!
Anime Frontier takes place in the Fort Worth Convention Center located at 1201 Houston St in Fort Worth, TX. Part of the Sundance Square neighborhood, it’s surrounded by 35 blocks of hotels, restaurants, and entertainment.
Anime Frontier is May 8-10, 2020…
FRIDAY, MAY 8
10 AM – Building and Registration Opens
1 PM to 7 PM – Exhibit Hall and Artist Alley
1 PM to 10 PM – Panels, Screenings, and Special Events
SATURDAY, MAY 9
8 AM – Building and Registration Open
10 AM to 7 PM – Exhibit Hall and Artist Alley
10 AM to 10 PM – Panels, Screenings, and Special Events
SUNDAY, MAY 10
8 AM – Building and Registration Open
10 AM to 4 PM – Exhibit Hall and Artist Alley
10 AM to 4 PM – Panels, Screenings, and Special Events
All attendees six-years-old and up need a ticket to take part in Anime Frontier. We recommend all children under 18 attend with an adult, and all children under 13 must have an adult with them while attending the event.
Want to help Anime Frontier come to life? We’d love your support, and our Crew applications will be live this fall!
Yup! If you’re coming to Anime Frontier from out of town, we’ve got special rates with a number of local hotels. Our official hotel block can be found here! Reserve your room early to save some money!
Absolutely. Cosplay is a huge part of convention culture, and we’re not looking to limit your creativity, but there are some rules, notes, and suggestions before you come to Anime Frontier in costume…
- Naked isn’t a costume. Anime Frontier is an event which will draw fans of all ages, including those under 18.
- Cosplay, costumes, and apparel associated with Nazis and organized hate groups are not allowed at Anime Frontier. Absolutely no swastikas. Absolutely no SS emblems or uniforms.
- This includes any sort of “ironic” or satirical costumes that re-appropriate Nazi paraphernalia. This includes cosplay of Nazis from fiction. It doesn’t matter if it’s from an anime, a video game, or a movie, if it’s a costume with a Nazi insignia on it, it’s not allowed at Anime Frontier. You can cosplay as characters from Indiana Jones, Captain America, Hellsing, etc. as long as you’re not cosplaying as Nazis. If you look to cosplay as characters from media set in alternate versions of the 1920s, 30s, and 40s, the same rule applies. Absolutely no swastikas. Absolutely no SS emblems or uniforms.
- Can you cosplay as a Stormtroopers in Star Wars or the Zeon in Gundam? Yes. Anime Frontier does not forbid science fiction and fantasy characters with designs loosely inspired by WWII.
- Harassment of any kind is not welcome at Anime Frontier. Any costume intended to harass, provoke, or intimidate isn’t allowed.
- Prop weapons are allowed at Anime Frontier as long as they’re made of cardboard, foam, or similar light material. Plastic and wooden prop weapons are generally OK but must be reviewed by our security team.
- No metal weapons, sharp weapons, or blunt weapons. This includes items like bokken and baseball bats.
- Prop bows will be allowed providing they are unstrung. All arrows must have soft tips.
- No water guns, silly string, vuvuzelas, or fire.
We want everyone at Anime Frontier to be safe, and if our staff feel you’ve got something that isn’t safe, you won’t be able to bring it into the convention center.
Anime Frontier is committed to fostering an atmosphere where attendees can count on a safe, inclusive, and rewarding experience, and harassment is the opposite of the community we want to create. If you feel harassed or see harassment, please report it to a member of our security team. Harassment of any kind is unwelcome at Anime Frontier.
Anime Frontier is very happy to accommodate fans with special, medical, and mobility needs, and you may pick up an accessibility bracelet onsite to assist in your enjoyment of the event. Please click here for full accessibility bracelet information.
Service Animals are welcome provided they are leashed or under similar control as appropriate.
Anime Frontier welcomes a broad range of media from across Texas and around the world. If you’d like to attend to cover Anime Frontier as a member of the Press, please click here.