ANIME FRONTIER & ANIME NYC GUEST & PROGRAMMING MANAGER
Want to help create a community for anime fans all year? The team behind Anime Frontier and Anime NYC are expanding our family with a dedicated Anime Guest & Programming Manager or Director!
LeftField Media, part of Clarion Events, is a boutique event company focused on delighting fans with pop culture experiences across the country. Our events include Anime NYC, Anime Frontier, Awesome Con, and Rose City Comic Con, and we’re now expanding our team with an Anime Guest & Programming Manager or Director.
Anime NYC brings over 50,000 fans together with companies from across the US and Japan to celebrate the best of Japanese pop culture in the heart of America’s biggest city, and its sister event, Anime Frontier, looks to similarly bring anime fans and the anime industry together for the first time this year in Texas. Both are fast-growing, passionate, and colorful events, and we seek a Guest & Programming Manager or Director to delight and grow our anime community in New York City and Dallas-Fort Worth.
We need a forward-thinking professional who looks to grow their career in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment built on service and excellence supporting a vibrant pop culture industry. Our ideal candidate must be inquisitive, creative, have a passion for solving puzzles, an ability to work well individually as well as with a team, and be comfortable managing simultaneous projects and deadlines. LeftField has a fun, collaborative, humble culture, and we’re looking for someone new to play together with.
Anime Frontier and Anime NYC look to bring on a full-time Guest & Programming Manager or Director to work closely with Anime Frontier and Anime NYC’s Event Director to grow both events.
- Development of strong professional relationships with guests and publishers to generate long term success together
- Creation and execution of overall guest plan from concept to delivery including budget, travel, scheduling, autographing, and staffing
- Creation and execution of overall programming plan from concept to delivery including panelist outreach, communication, and confirmation, scheduling, and AV set up
- Management of relationships with anime and manga publishers, Japanese governmental organizations, and similar strategic partners together with Event Director, including handling daily communication, deadlines, and trafficking art and materials between partners and various internal departments
- Management of internal and external teams overseeing Japanese language interpretation, talent handling, car service, concerts, video games, tabletop games, and cosplay activities
- Assistance with occasional special projects including merchandise creation, retailer ticket sales, community partner outreach, community events, and customer service
- Creation of contracts, presentations, and additional materials
- Exploration of new partners, publishers, and guests
- Accurate tracking of budgets and contracts
- Collaboration with sales team on sponsorship concepts and pitches
- Collaboration with marketing team to deliver programming and guest assets
- Growing knowledge of our events, products, demographics, content, and customers
- Occasional early morning and/or late night meetings with customers in Japan
- Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and business training
- A minimum of three years of programming, talent management, or events experience
- Japanese pop culture industry experience preferred
- Exceptional copywriting skills
- Strategic thinker with high attention to detail
- Must be customer focused and highly responsive
- Excellent communication, judgment, listening, and relationship-building skills
- Strong self-starter with exceptional customer focus, negotiation, and closing skills
- Knowledge of project management methodology, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, and prioritize resources
- Patience and understanding working with customers from different cultures
- Optional but Highly Desired Skills:
- Interest in or understanding of anime, manga, cosplay, and Japanese pop culture
- Familiarity with Japanese business etiquette
- Japanese language skills
- Desired Software Skills:
- Professional experience with Slack, Workday, Google Workspace, WordPress, SalesForce, A2Z, and Pardot
We are seeking candidates located in or nearby the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex or New York City. This role will largely work remotely from DFW or NYC year-round. Clarion’s US headquarters is located in Shelton, CT, and the Guest & Programming Manager / Director will be required to attend limited in-person activities in CT.
Travel up to 10 times a year, including travel to Anime Frontier, Anime NYC, and LeftField’s other events, as well as travel to other anime conventions, meetings with publishers in their offices, and potential travel to Japan.
Clarion Events provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Clarion Events complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has offices. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Want to join our team? Please officially apply here!
We’re excited by all we’ve created and proud now to expand our team to build even greater celebrations of anime fandom together!